Along with some incredible brands and celebrities we will be taking a different approach to the Black Friday Weekend…we will be working hard to promote GREEN Friday.
In the US, Swap.com will be donating over $100k worth of clothing to promote ethical manufacturing while some outdoor brands such as REI, DryRobe are also supporting #optoutside in their own way. We have decided that whilst also promoting the great outdoors and a greener lifestyle we want to use the opportunity to raise awareness for topic close to our values and to generate some public knowledge of those that may be have no choice but to be outside this Winter.
KitBrix was born from the military, supporting military teams in the UK and would therefore like to try and support worthy related causes when we can. Help 4 Homeless Veterans is based in the UK and their mission is to source and provide accommodation to Ex Service Personnel who are living rough or in unsatisfactory accommodation. 20% of KitBrix sales received during Green Friday will be donated to this worthy charity as a contribution to something bigger than us.
"While there are other military charities and very worthy causes to support, we had to make a choice and we believe that the rejuvenated skills of a homeless ex-military personnel can be amplified when put back to work. We are seeing more and more homeless in recent years and this is also a social issue that is well within our powers to help solve."
The aims of Help 4 Homeless Veterans are to:
- To support, Servicemen and women into suitable accommodation, and empower them to develop a civilian career.
- To provide access to organisations who can offer up-to-date and accessible information on employment, further training and wider opportunities.
- To identify employers in locations, close to the accommodation occupied by veterans maintain and develop links with employers and other relevant agencies regionally.
- To provide, an excellent, quality ‘Service of Care’ to our beneficiaries.
- To set high expectations and apply our skills, energy and passion to provide an excellent quality ‘Service of Care’.
- To constantly evolve our ‘Service of Care’ to match the changing needs of the Veteran Community to ensure our beneficiaries can benefit from the provision provided.